5325 E. PACIFIC COAST HWY
The first development of its type in California, using a model endorsed by Senior Housing advocates, this project will combine CSULB student housing with 55+ senior living. CSULB has a need for 3,500 beds to support growing enrollment and can require students to use campus housing. There is also a growing need for independent seniors who don’t require onsite medical or social services.
Benefits for students and seniors include:
- Interaction with the academic community, combining different age groups and demographics.
- Exposure to the arts – particularly student programs, museums, sporting events, and concerts.
- Increase in social interaction
- Volunteer opportunities
This unique project will provide opportunities for multigenerational interaction including participation in educational programs and classes. The project also includes an 8000 sq.ft. daycare center.
- Onsite commissary
- Reduced/free classes offered to Seniors
- Transportation provided to CSULB
- Discounted tickets for college sports and performances